Thursday, September 6, 2012

Three day vacation after a horse show

Makes my pony a very lazy man.  Plus, I think it made him stiff since he was having a hard time getting going today.  I might need to remember, at a minimum, to get him out of the paddock and hand walk him or something if I'm going to give him a few days off from now on.

Look how vigilant he is LOL!

Despite the obvious stiffness (possible soreness, must keep watch over him for the next few days) he did seem to work out of it and was EXTREMELY well behaved.  I think the long "trail rides" from the trailer to the jumping arena last weekend helped expose him to the great outdoors even more then I had in the past.  Today he was like riding an experienced trail horse.  Again, it could just be because he was some what off today but he really seemed to be enjoying himself.  It makes me think it would be a good idea to go on more trail rides with him every once in a while, which definitely wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit!

MOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I'm not really sure what this is about...

The only problem I seem to be having as of late is getting the left lead on the first time around.  Definitely could be my fault though since I feel like I'm some what off balance in that direction.  To get him to take the correct lead to the left I have to almost completely lose contact with him and let him figure it out on his own, which leads me to think it's something I'm doing wrong but I can't put my finger on it.  Any suggestions???

Doing what he does best!

Don't know what it's been like for the rest of the states (or other countries for that matter) but we've had lots of rain recently.  In fact, it's rained almost every day since last Saturday.  Been kind of nice since I really thought everything was going to die, but it's a little rough getting the entire summer's worth of rain in a week!  Upside, the grass is green again and as you can see above, Buck is VERY happy about this!


No comments:

Post a Comment