Monday, January 9, 2012

And They're Off...

Last semester of my undergraduate career started today (FINALLY)!  Upside, I think it's going to be an interesting semester and we started earlier so we can get out earlier (finals week is the first week in May).  Downside, it looks like it's going to be a rough semester with my senior research class along with all of the other projects, papers, tests, etc.  I think I'm going to do my senior research project on therapeutic riding and how it helps the kids confidence and self-esteem, I'm pretty excited about it actually.  I emailed the therapeutic riding center today to see if they needed volunteers for their spring session that way not only can I get surveys and information from the kids I could also help and watch them progress through the program.

Buck has been getting neglected the past couple of months as far as consistent riding is concerned and I was really hoping to get more riding done since spring will be here soon and I was really wanting to go to more horse shows this year, but I'm not sure if I see that happening at this point.  I'm not a big fan of riding when it's cold out (I know, I know, I need to suck it up if I'm going to actually accomplish something with Buck).  It's tough to get motivated to go outside when it's so nice and warm inside.  Maybe I should consider moving to Florida or something.

Kind of a random post I guess but it was on my mind so I figured what better to do with it than post it on here.  I really just can not wait for this semester to get over, to graduate, get a real job (hopefully a day job during the week) so I can have more time (and money) to start really focusing on Buck and competing and really make something out of this extremely talented Thoroughbred I've been blessed with.  Otherwise, I might as well put him up for sale and have him go to someone who is really going to utilize his talents and let's face it, that's NOT happening lol!

I think this semester is really going to test my time management skills and I'm a little bit freaked out about it.  Wish me luck! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment